(Version 11.0 – Copyright © 1991-2006 WinZip International LLC – www.winzip.com)
Have you ever used the Internet, America Online, or another online service? If so, you've probably encountered Zip files. Are you a Windows user? If so, WinZip® is the way to handle these archived files.
WinZip brings the convenience of Windows to the use of Zip files and other compression formats.
WinZip features include:
- Seamless Windows integration: WinZip includes tight integration with My Computer and Windows Explorer. Drag and drop to or from Explorer, or zip and unzip without leaving Explorer.
- Internet support: WinZip features built-in support for the popular Internet file formats RAR, BZ2, BZ, TBZ, TBZ2, TAR, gzip, UUencode, XXencode, BinHex, and MIME. In addition, ARJ, LZH, and ARC files are supported via external programs. You can use WinZip to access almost all the compressed and encoded files you download from the Internet.
- Automatic installation of most software distributed in Zip files: If a Zip file contains a "setup" or "install" program, WinZip's Install feature will unzip the files, run the installation program, and clean up temporary files.
- The WinZip Wizard: This optional feature uses the standard and familiar "wizard" interface to simplify the process of zipping, unzipping, and installing software distributed in Zip files. The WinZip Wizard is ideal for the rapidly growing number of PC users who are getting started with Zip files and for those who use Zip files only infrequently. When these users gain confidence or want to use more advanced zipping features, the full WinZip Classic interface is just a click away.
- Favorite Zip Folders: WinZip lets you organize Zip files into one convenient list that is sorted by date, making it easier to locate all Zip files, regardless of where they came from or where they are stored. Unlike the standard Open Archive dialog box, the Favorite Zip Folders dialog box treats the contents of multiple folders as though they were one folder. A Search facility will find any Zip files lost on your hard disk.
- Large file support: WinZip supports the 64-bit Zip file format, which eliminates all practical restrictions on the size of Zip files and on the number and size of compressed files within a Zip file. Zip file capacity is limited only by your system's resources.
- Advanced encryption: WinZip's advanced 128- and 256-bit AES encryption helps you prevent unauthorized disclosure of the contents of your sensitive documents.
- Create files that unzip themselves: WinZip Self-Extractor Personal Edition is included with WinZip. Self-extracting files are ideal for sending compressed files to others who may not own or know how to use file compression software.
- Zip and E-Mail: WinZip lets you zip files or folders and e-mail them with just a few clicks from Windows Explorer or My Computer.
- Explorer Style View: WinZip can be configured to display your Zip file in the familair Window Explorer Style. This is especially useful for Zip files that include folder information.
|7-Zip Explorer++ FreeCommander GImageX Hidden Files MultiCommander NexusFile WinRAR Portable WinZip Portable|